Here are the decisions made by the committee:
- we shall continue to use the same URL to report our experiences. This decision came after a brief discussion of whether we should start a new blog and become 'The Ladies Who Mus', which we decided was less than hilarious
- once a week will be fine, though if there are some small museums close to each other we might visit two in a day
- We shall explore the whole museum if it is small, and spend at least 90 minutes in the large ones
- Special exhibitions will not be visited, since they are often the only part of a major museum we DO visit in the normal way
- 'Stately homes' are included in the plan
- Thanks to the 63 Regular, the museums will be mapped on the Blog as we do them
- We think we shall try to pick out some highlights from each museum to report on
- Our travel routes will obviously be included in our reports
The big decision is what order to explore in, since Museums, unlike buses, aren't numbered. We have provisionally decided to imagine ourselves in Trafalgar Square and visit one North, one East, one South and one West, and continue in this way for a while. Of course if the weather is lovely, we shall be looking to visit somewhere with gardens or park land, like wonderful Hall Place in Bexley.
And if there were grandchildren or other visitors, we might allow this to influence our choice.
So we're starting gently, this week, in Mary's absence, slightly north of Trafalgar Square, at the National Portrait Gallery, and we'll see how it goes and what our readers think of both the plan and the execution.